LANGFORDS IN NOLA

Friday, March 17, 2006

Mardi Gras 2006

Throw ME something mister!



Mardi Gras this year was one of my favorites ever. Growing up my family went to 1st Baptist N.O. which was then located on St. Charles. We'd meet at the church with the other families and get ready for the big day...this meant costumes, face painting, the works! We had a blast!

Well, since moving to Covington when I was about 6, we didn't go as often, so I almost forgot about it...but not quite. And now living in the city once again, the fever is back! Of course there weren't as many people this year, but that was almost a good thing....that meant more beads for us!!! Ha!

I'm including some pictures from Mardi Gras day....just know that there were some very interesting people here this year...as always!





Here are the Prices (my boss and his wife...and Reesie). They're catching the Mardi Gras spirit.


Here's our friend Liz holding her handmade signs. Most of you know about the "chocolate city" comment our mayor made recently...well, we just went with it...! Our mayor really enjoyed the "white chocolate" sign, too, and gave us a thumbs up and a big grin! There was quite a bit of Katrina humor this year, but only by those who are FROM New Orleans!

From refrigerators to fema housing, it was a big spoof! I wish I could've captured more on camera!

Because of the signs that our friends made we sort of drew a croud, if you know what I mean. Well, at one point a huge camera was focusing on us from across the street and there was a guy directing the camera man on what shots to get, etc. All of a sudden someone yelled out, "Hey, that's Spike Lee!"....the guy directing was definitely him!